Motor Carrier Claims
DISCLAIMER: Submission of your claim does not commit your insurance company or its affiliates and agents to coverage for any loss. All information submitted regarding your insurance policy and any loss is subject to review and verification. Continental Western Group, LLC and its affiliates reserve the right to request additional information prior to reaching a decision on the claim. All policy provisions in your policy remain in effect, and nothing contained in this website may be construed as waiving any of the terms and conditions of your policy.
We Suggest Taking the Following Steps:
- Make sure any parties involved in the accident are safe and out of danger.
- Seek medical attention at once for any injured persons by calling 911.
- Call to request that a law enforcement officer come to the accident scene to make a report. Cooperate with the officer who arrives. If an officer cannot come to the accident, go to the nearest law enforcement station to file a counter report. To protect yourself, file a report even if the other party leaves the scene or fails to report the accident.
- Collect information about other parties that may have been involved in the accident or loss:
- Description of the damages
- Vehicles involved
- Names and addresses of those involved
- Identify any witnesses that may have seen what happened. Secure phone numbers and addresses so that we may contact them.
- Preserve any evidence
- Do not discuss the accident facts with anyone except the officer and your own insurance representative (either your independent agent or CWG claim representative.)
- If there is damage or threat of damage to cargo, take necessary and reasonable steps to secure from further damage or loss.
- Promptly report any accident to your agent or to CWG at (866) 232-6724.
- If you receive a lawsuit or legal papers related to a claim, previously reported to CWG or not, immediately contact your agent and/or CWG at 866-232-6724.