Tips for Agents
DISCLAIMER: Submission of your claim does not commit your insurance company or its affiliates and agents to coverage for any loss. All information submitted regarding your insurance policy and any loss is subject to review and verification. Continental Western Group, LLC and its affiliates reserve the right to request additional information prior to reaching a decision on the claim. All policy provisions in your policy remain in effect, and nothing contained in this website may be construed as waiving any of the terms and conditions of your policy.
Tips for Agents for Reporting Claims to CWG
We want to help make the claims process go smoothly for you and your client. Please keep the following in mind when a loss occurs and you are assisting your client by taking their claim report:
- Fill out the NOL (Notice of Loss) completely including phone numbers for agent, insured, claimant, and any contacts.
- Make sure the date of loss is on the NOL.
- Make sure there is a specific loss location, especially on property losses. We need the location and building to adjust the loss.
- Make sure there is a detailed loss description. For example: “Pipes froze and broke in basement causing water damage to the walls and office equipment” gives us a much better idea of the nature of the loss than “water damage”.
- Make sure on auto losses that the auto information is given on both the insured vehicle and the claimant vehicle including year, make, model and vehicle identification number.
- Make sure that there is complete claimant information including name, address and phone number.
- Avoid handwritten reports - they can be hard to read – especially after they have been faxed!
We realize there are off-hours when you are not available to give your client the service they have come to expect from your office. If a loss occurs when your office is not open, we will gladly assist your client and notify you that a claim has been presented. The toll-free number for your client to call for serious, after hour claims is (866) 232-6724.
We are working hard at CWG to make the claims process go smoothly for you and your clients. Please feel free to contact our office if you have any suggestions!